Wentworth Primary students are encouraged to participate in every aspect of school life. Our school programme helps to produce independent, resilient and better informed students. The curriculum includes English, Mathematics, Science, Music, Spanish, Mandarin, Health, Physical Education, Social Sciences and Computational Thinking.
Wentworth Primary offers the internationally recognised Cambridge Primary curriculum in English, Mathematics and Science. This curriculum helps build a solid foundation of learning and encourages the joy of learning in these three important educational areas. Offering Cambridge Primary also allows our students the seamless progression to Wentworth College.
Key features of our curriculum:
- Individual Learning Profiles are developed for each child to enhance and monitor their learning progress.
- English, Mathematics and Science are given priority.
- Sports programme.
- Arts programme.
- Social Sciences programme.
- Specialist Music programme.
- Specialist Spanish programme.
- Specialist Mandarin programme.
- Technology is fully integrated and encourages innovation and leadership.
- Computational thinking for Computer Science, Information Technology and Digital Literacy.
- A ‘Values’ programme is integrated into classrooms, homework and all aspects of school life.
- All students are given rich opportunities to discover and pursue their individual talents and interests.
- Formative assessment strategies ensure that students are involved in, and accountable for, their own learning.